Wednesday, May 28, 2008

They're BAack..

The villains are back! They were temporarily thwarted by technical difficulties. This time the culprit is a fellow by the name of "Lethargo." He tends to attack immediately after my alarm clock goes off or following a large meal. A successful assault results in drooping eyelids, listless limbs, and an allergic reaction to doing the dishes. Once within his grasp, escape is nigh impossible. This is because he literally melts himself all over you so that you seem to weigh twice as much as usual and feel all...oozy. His powers are heightened by really comfy couches, watching cats fall asleep, and the existence of a "to do" list.

Allies: Turkey, Phillip Glass, High Council Speakers

Counterattack: Hot salsa, P-funk, fire (accidental)


3 comments:

Juliekins said...

I also noticed that a good steady thunder storm will also invite Lethargo.

David S. said...

I now think of Lethargo every time I hear a High Council speaker. Last week, when listening to my High Council speaker, I was struck with the realization that I had also listened to Philip Glass the night before. Lethargo was pulling out all the stops.

MKShelley said...

Lethargo is also allies with highschool. Since I've started working in one, the latest I've been able to stay up is like, 9, tops!