Monday, May 5, 2008

The Manly Man

Today, I nailed stuff. Even more impressive was the fact that some of the stuff wasn't my thumb. Less impressive was the fact that the other stuff was my thumb. I hit my thumb so hard it started bleeding. This is manly, and I am a manly man who handles the crushing of his own thumb stoically and with dignity. While I was calmly waiting for the pain and bleeding to subside, I reflected on the fact that nails and wood are dumb and that I could not possibly be responsible for the pain I was feeling. I am sure that my technique was impeccable, and my aim was true. Clearly the nails were poorly designed.

3 comments:

Juliekins said...

As a witness, he was indeed manly.

Unknown said...

So what did you make? Hopefully it was more than just a board with nails in it.

Josh said...

Unfortunately it was nails into boards, but nails into boards around walls and doorways: trim, casing and the like.