Saturday, May 24, 2008

Not About My Kids

This blog is not about my children. Picture me in a chair gripping the armrests trying not blog about every cute, ridiculous or abominable thing they do. Here's the throuble: they are so much more interesting than me. Even as I type I am restraining myself and it's taking all my mental energy. How can I possibly come up with something as compelling as Caleb's sudden pronouncement in the car today: "I'm really into picking my nose!" And when I remind him that it is probably not something he should be "into", he adds under his breath, "Well, I am." How can I compete with that? There, I've done it. I gave into the urge to blog about my kids. At least I've stopped twitching.

3 comments:

David S. said...

It's really no use to try to resist the urge to blog about your kids. It's better to focus on an attainable goal: keep the ratio of non-kid-related to kid-related posts as high as possible (or do I mean "as low as possible"--I get these mixed up).

Anyway, Caleb is funny, so blogging about him will serve the dual functions of entertaining me and preventing undesirable twitching.

Allyson said...

I read this post yesterday and had to come back and read it again today. I laughed just as hard this time. Way to go Caleb!

MKShelley said...

Caleb says the funniest things I've ever heard a kid say, so you kind of HAVE to blog about him. We'd be missing out if you didn't.