Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Flossing Barometer

I've noticed that there are little indicators in my life that act as barometers for the way things are going as a whole. I generally don't think about flossing unless things are looking up. If I feel the desire to floss then I can expect that a high pressure system (sans inversion) is on it's way in, meaning a positive force and a general sense of optimism. Then when I do floss I feel hope for my gums and for the rest of my life. I feel good about the fact that in this one thing have brought my principles and my actions into agreement. When I am true to my gums I am true to myself.

Sometimes, however, when I look at the floss I feel a sense of sense hoplessness, like it's another of life's hoops that must be jumped through endlessly. Can one ever finish flossing? The answer is no. At that point flossing could easily be added to the endless tortures that the damned must endure in Dante's Inferno. Flossing, the dishes, work, diapers. Will it ever end?!

Luckily, I'm in a flossing mood.

7 comments:

Juliekins said...

man, you were up too early

Unknown said...

You are a man of great insight, Josh.

Unknown said...

You crack me up!

Eva Aurora said...

May the flossing continue in perpetuity!

Eva Aurora said...

By the way, my son was highly impressed by your Picture of the Day, Computer Man. He kept asking for his phone number. Do you happen to have it to make a 4-year-old's day? He'd like to know if it hurts having a computer for a head.

Josh said...

I lifted this particular picture came from a blog called funnypiccollection.blogspot.com. Unfortunately I have not idea where the original picture is from. Tell your 4-yr-old that having a computer for a head only hurts if you get sick with a computer virus! HaHaHa! (Be sure to laugh out loud as this will cue him that you have told an extremely funny joke.)

MKShelley said...

That's how I feel about exercise.