Monday, April 21, 2008

To Battle the Forces of Evil...

As you can see from the previous post, I must deal with strong forces of evil and ... distraction on a daily basis. To thwart such enemies one must be constantly vigilant and possess a unique skill set (taking one's medication also helps.) I have many skills(z), most of which would probably NOT be useful in the fight against evil. Here are just a few:

1. Matching the correct tupperware size to a given volume of leftovers to within 1/4 cup.
2. Making the occasional pun without meaning to.
3. "Skiing" down dirt slopes with just my feet as if I were actually skiing.
4. Opening the microwave on "0" before/without the signal going off.
5. Jumping at just the right time in an elevator to give a momentary sensation of weightlessness.
6. Playing "The Persian Princess" on the piano with my nose (requires a partner.)
7. Speaking Egg-Latin. (Eggalseggo egga deggead leggangueggage)

Forces of Evil, BEWARE! or at least stop laughing at me.

4 comments:

Ben Simonsen said...

I see your skills are as advanced as mine. Finally there is someone out there who understands my secret obsession with pointless accomplishments.

David S. said...

Have you ever been to New York City? I had the privilege of learning the elevator weightlessness trick in one of those really fast elevators in a high-rise apartment building in Manhattan. Sadly, this sort of ruined it for me, since every elevator I've tried it in since seems pathetically inferior.

Sarah said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xAVMnNiY3c&feature=related

Eva Aurora said...

You don't know me, but I laughed and laughed while I read this post. I mean, I wasn't laughing at you, of course. I think your skill(z) are to be admired. Maybe you sell yourself short. I bet you're the kind of guy who might also be good at pushing "play" on the remote just after the commercial ends and before the show begins again. That's a good skill, too.