Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Some days I Just Can't Take It


Today it seemed like someone planted the water cooler in front of my cubicle. There was a constant stream of trivial conversations. Then there were people that would come into my area and just stand there staring at me for a few moments after which they would say, "Watcha doin'?" I'M TRYING TO GET ONE SINGLE DANG THING DONE!! WORK! I WORK HERE! DON'T YOU?! ISN'T THERE SOMEBODY ELSE YOU CAN GO STARE AT? SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T HAVE ATTENTION PROBLEMS? I'M SURE THERE'S A NICE CONVERSATION SOMEWHERE ABOUT HOW THE DOW JONES IS DOWN ANOTHER 350 PTS BECAUSE I'VE ALREADY HAD TO ENDURE 2-3 VERSIONS OF THAT SAME CONVERSATION TODAY IN MY OWN CUBICLE...AND I WASN'T EVEN TALKING TO THEM!!!! I left work at 3:20 pm.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

At my last job, my cubicle really was right in front of the cubicle. It was also right by the hallway that led to the door, and a lot of people apparently thought that was a great place to have cell phone conversations. I suppose their thinking was that since they couldn't see anybody from that spot (it was around the corner from everyone else's offices, but I was just on the other side of the cubicle wall), then it must be a nice, private area to chat. Ugh.

MKShelley said...

I'm sorry.

Sarah said...

Can you move the water cooler?

L said...

I read your post earlier and knew Trent would be able to relate too well. I just made him read it and he is laughing hysterically...I couldn't have anticipated a better reaction! Thanks for making us laugh!

L said...

Trent has recovered enough to to think of a question... he is wondering if tomorrow the conversation will center around them being overworked because they had to stay a half-an-hour later to get their project done????

themattblack said...

So, uh... watcha doin'?

Eva Aurora said...

I am so glad I don't have to go to an office.

Allyson said...

Come on. You know you liked the attention. You probably moved the water cooler in front of your cubicle yourself.