Sunday, September 21, 2008

I Hate Chemistry

So lately I've been studying (slightly) for the PE test to get my Professional Engineer's license. The test has a breadth section which includes topics outside of my specialty (structural engineering) like traffic engineering, soils engineering, hydraulics, and my worst enemy, environmental engineering (shiver). No, I don't hate the earth. Yes, I do hate chemistry. I'm not quite sure why I have an abiding hatred for this subject. I understand the importance of, say, atoms. I got A's in my chemistry classes. Nevertheless, my first response when confronted with a chemistry problem is to hiss and spit. Here's a short list of things I despise for visceral rather than logical reasons:

  1. King of Queens
  2. John McCain's voice
  3. Hair (not attached)
  4. Camel Spiders
  5. Peach Fuzz
  6. Pundits

6 comments:

Eva Aurora said...

Yay! You wrote again! Good luck on the test and I agree with all your visceral hatreds. Way to articulate them so well. I might print out a copy of Al Franken's picture specifically so I can throw darts at it.

Juliekins said...

hiss and spit...yes...although I cannot put peach fuzz with CAMEL SPIDERS, which are the grossest crawling things in the world. Except for Jerusalem crickets. eeewww.

David S. said...

I like how Ann Coulter appears twice. This is as it should be.

I might add that Al Franken, strictly speaking, can now be classified as an actual politician rather than a pundit, seeing as how he's running for the US Senate in Minnesota.

Anonymous said...

Keep on studying!

Best wishes,

MRDPE

TheProfessionalEngineer.com

MKShelley said...

Ugh. I HATE HATE his voice. Every time I see him giving a speech I have to change the channel. I know it's a stupid reason (and it's not the ONLY one), but I can't vote for a president that I can't even bare to listen to for longer than .3929 seconds.

Lindsey said...

andy took it a few weeks ago; for him the generic part was much easier than the struc.

love the water cooler idea. at least they don't follow you to the bathroom or bang on the door while you are in there or constantly ask who you are talking to on the phone! :)